Do your professional new year resolutions include writing and engaging with other FCIL research enthusiasts? Consider contributing in 2023 to DipLawMatic Dialogues! The blog offers an informal venue to share your expertise with your colleagues – and one that also requires only a limited time commitment! A few series for which we welcome either periodic (ex. quarterly) or guest columnists include the:
- Teaching FCIL Research Series: Share your perspectives on teaching FCIL-related research topics – whether in single sessions or for-credit courses, whether you are teaching FCIL research for the first time, or are an experienced instructor teaching in new ways, and whether you teach JD students or other audiences;
- New FCIL Librarian Series: The SIS loves to hear from new FCIL librarians – whether you are new to the profession, or an experienced librarian serving in an FCIL-focused role for the first time (irrespective of job title!)
- From the Reference Desk Series: Were you recently asked an interesting FCIL reference question? Share your findings and approach with your colleagues!
- Conference Recaps: Though we periodically send calls for bloggers to recap sessions at particular annual meetings and conferences (ex. AALL and IALL annual meetings), we welcome contributions concerning any professional meetings, programs, and webinars that you feel might be of interest to the SIS!
Other topics for which we welcome contributions include (but are not limited to!):
- Notable FCIL collection development initiatives;
- Book reviews (professional, academic, or leisure reading titles);
- Promoting the professional accomplishments of yourself, your colleagues, or your committees